Monday, September 8, 2008

What makes a man?

So, it's been darn near two months since I've updated this thing. I'm not quite sure why I've been ignoring it, or forgetting about it, but well I have. And that's sad. I do a video journal pretty much once a week, but I can't type out a few words? Or post something that I find inspirational?

What the efff, over? Oz you suck.

Ok...now that that is out of the way, lets get on to a subject that honestly gets more questions that I would ever possibly think could. 'Oz, I don't get you, how do you do it?' Do what? 'Be so full of life and energetic and so positive all the time?' Oh that...well I hide my negativity from everyone buy my wife and my buddy Seth. :P

I understand the question, and I get where it comes from. I do act like a 12 year old alot, but honestly I'm not always in a good mood, and I'm not positive 1000% of the time, and I can get pretty mean (mostly because people don't understand that I'm just being crass or funny in my own mind, it's never really intentional or spiteful, I just don't seem to have a filter). But I do try my best to put the world on my shoulders and impact everyone that I can in one way or another. But what really makes me tick? Well for a little over the last 12 years of my life, I've been trying my hardest to live by 10 simple rules.

For 11 of those 12 years, they've pretty much been in my back pocket, kept all to myself and not really shared with anyone. Well about a year ago, I met some new people, made some new friends and through a number of conversations, felt that it was right to share them with these people. Some of these people have shared the with other people (and I know the list actually went up in front of a conference of police officers in another state a couple of months back), so I figure it's time to put my 'Offical Stamp' on them and share them with the world before they make it back to me in a junk email chain that's been around the world a bazillion times with a 'pass this on for luck/wish/lottery' paragraph at the end.

Now I will say, that not all of these are original to me, sure I've made up some of them, but others I've heard or read somewhere and molded them into shape with my own words to make them sound right in my own mind, so as much as I hate to say it, I don't have a list of credits to give to those people who had at one point in time inspired me enough to add something of them to something of me. So I apologize in advance to anyone out there who should get credit but is not (honestly I think they're all dead anyways). So with that, here's my list:

D’s 10 rulez to live by:

Rule #1: If I cannot change something that is bothering me through my own direct action, don't worry about it.
Rule #2 Love your friends and family, but don’t let them run your life.
Rule #3: There are no bad days, only bad moments. Let them go.
Rule #4: It’s ok if people don't like you. They haven’t taken the time to see who you are. Let them figure it out.
Rule #5: Your attitude affects all others, make sure they're amazed by it.
Rule #6: Take time for yourself. You are the most important person in your life.
Rule #7: If you don’t like what someone does to you, tell them. If they don’t change, they do not deserve to be part of your life.
Rule #8: You cannot possibly control life, stop trying and enjoy it.
Rule #9: Live up to your own expectations...no one else’s.
Rule #10: You will not like everyone you meet, but you can make an impact on everyone’s life.


So if you see it on another site, send me a link, and feel free to forward them to me if they show up randomly in your email box, and by all means if they help you or you find use or wisdom here, please use it. And without a doubt, you are more than welcome to share them.

May your days be as bright as mine (I've got 3 daughters ya know) :)

Til next time, lead an animated life!


Oz

No comments: